Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking back at last year's resolutions... how'd I do?

Reflection is important.. so I am going to see how I did before I look forward and chose anything I want to work on in 2009... mmhhh.. what do you think?

2008 Resolutions
1. Cook more.. feed Utah less Sonic meals! This means that we will only eat out once a week. Beverages are permitted any day of the week, though!
Ok... Utah ate out much less this year but it wasn't because I cooked more.. Tod took this one to heart and we haven't the majority of our meals at home. We don't even gets drinks very often anymore. I am drinking water all the time and Utah has learned to wait until we get home. There were definitely weeks we ate out more than once, though.

2. Continue working out 5X a week at Fuse with a trainer. The results being to reduce body fat (already at healthy level, woo hoo), go down one pant size, and increase overall health.
I have averaged 4X a week this year at the gym. I am down 15pounds, my body fat is down significantly, and I feel great. I need to loose about 17 more pounds before I will have reached my goal.. and my doctor has an even more aggressive goal. I am excited to be going down in pants size - already down one pant size.. so I didn't do too bad on this goal. However, I am still facing some health challenges and I am really hopeful that this year they will be resolved and I will have a better overall health.

3. Let go when needed... this one is key to my mental and spiritual health (and stress level).
Still working on this one...

4. Reconnect with siblings. I am starting with a visit this week! I will take an action monthly to facilitate connecting on a more frequent basis.
This one has been so rewarding. I have reconnected with Elizabeth. I have been to visit her twice and she brought Grace down this summer. We email all the time, talk on the phone frequently, and post on one another's blogs. It has truly been a blessing to reconnect. I still talk to the Beeson family but we haven't been to visit - there is a lot going on in both households to facilitate a trip and the distance is too far for a down and back.

5. Finish ESOL endorsement masters courses and create plan for 3 more graduate hours. My ultimate goal is a second master's degree or my national certification.
I finished my ESOL endorsement and 12 graduate hours with a 4.0gpa. WHOO HOO! I am applying to the Arkansas Leadership Academy for next year and plan to start my national board process, too.

6. Relax one night a week.. no grading, no work out, not paying bills.. just relax... this one is lofty.. might have to make it one night every TWO weeks!
Well.. I did OK on this one, but not really very well overall. Relaxing does not come easy for me at all! I hate sitting still.. my brain never stops and I feel very trapped.. I have to get up and get stuff done. However, I have been able to sit with the kiddos and watch TV, play board games, and visit and it has been a blessing!

No comments: