Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009!

I am (and have been!) completely sick of all the WHITE STUFF in this house! We gradually replaced the faucets and fixtures in the bathrooms. Today Tod and I bought new drawer and cabinet pulls for the kitchen - we chose something rustic and bronze. We picked two different patterns to avoid the kitchen being to 'matchy matchy' (matching is one of my least favorite things). You can see the before and afters below... next, new kitchen sink faucet... then I will move on to new counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms... slow going when you are paying cash for everything! Plus, our house is on the market due to us wanting Utah to get to stay with his friends and attend RHS... hopefully it won't be necessary to move, but we are willing if it requires!
I collect crosses and have started hanging them up on this huge section of wall that is blank and due to the placement of a vent, impossible to center a picture.. so, crosses it is.. and I love it! The white one barely shows up. I need more with color, too. Tod doesn't want to paint the walls because they are so high.. so I am adding color in other ways. I hope to add a cool rustic rug to the floor soon.
Surprise pictures taken today... some of them below... they are funny! Tod made chili and corn bread for dinner.. YUM!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a difference a knob makes!! Looks great! I need to post pictures of my house...it's so clean!! Happy New Year!!