Monday, January 26, 2009

Ice Storm!

Well... today at 2:15 we dismissed all our students and started the icy journey home... Utah had a friend come over so he would have someone to hang out with while we were snowed in, guess I am kinda boring. Of course, I did say that I looked forward to a snow day because I could sleep in, catch up on grading, write a grant, and play board games. I think that might be a clue as to why he invited a friend over.
The dogs were really hating not being outside at all and were getting a little, well, gassy... so, I found some kitty litter and created this path of safety between the door and the yard. They were able to safely navigate to the grass... thank goodness!



During my Dr. Phil and Oprah hours I decided to eat a bagel and this is the face that stared at me while I ate my bagel. Pitiful face.. too bad he can't have people food.
Then he decided to get really cute and put his big ole head on my blanket and in my lap. I ended up having to sit in the floor and play with him. He is quite the big baby!So, I decided to bake some cookies... had this dough for another project... decided to cheat on my cookies and just use the tube of Nestle.. they are yummy, not as yummy as homemade, but they work! Maybe I won't eat as many this way...So, this is what an alarm clock looks like in 2009! We have not bought an alarm clock since getting married, so 15 years. Our clock was like waiting to a nuclear warning device and we hated it.. so, for an anniversary gift to ourselves, we bought the iHome. We wake to music of our choice... go to sleep listening to music.. can set two different alarms for a work week, weekend, or 7 day week. It is a bit ridiculous.. but I love it!

No comments: