Friday, December 26, 2008

Drum roll please... (and other quotes from National Lampoon's Christmas movie)

Warning: Quotes from National Lampoons Christmas Vacation can be a little, well, NOT PG.. but they are not crude either... they are scattered throughout this post.

Starting here in green....

Clark: "This is what Christmas is all about. I'll uh park the cars and uh, I'll be outside for the season."

We started off our Christmas Eve with some baking.. the cookies went well, but the peanut butter balls were a bit challenging and resulted in a phone call to Lori for a refresher (again!) on the recipe. We finished them that night but still haven't covered them in chocolate...


Clark: "(Clark notices that there is cat food in the jello.) Aunt Bethany? Does your cat by any chance eat jello?"
Eddie: "I don't know about the cat, but I sure am enjoying it."


The evening wrapped up with us watching National Lampoon's Christmas story... and I am hoping to find the opportunity to quote the movie as much as possible during this post. This movie is so funny and Tuesday can quote almost the entire movie...
Eddie: I don't know if I oughta go sailin' down no hill with nothin' between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic.
Clark: Do you really think it matters, Eddie?

Tuesday couldn't even open her eyes for the first picture because her brother couldn't stand it and had to get up at 8am!

Ellen: I don't know what to say, except it's Christmas and we're all in misery.


New pajamas.. a Christmas tradition at our house...
Clark: "And if you believe in him, and you believe in your mom, and you believe in your... your dad, and if you've been good all year round, Santa Clause is going to bring you something."

Ruby Sue: "Sometimes I think all that Santa crap's just bull. If he was so real, how come we didn't get squat last year? We didn't do nothing wrong, and we still got the shaft."
Clark: "It's a good idea you came to stay with us, isn't it?"
Ruby Sue: "I love it here. You don't got to put your coat to go to the bathroom. And your house is always parked in the same place."
Ruby Sue: "Uncle Clark, are you sure you ain't santa clause?"

Tuesday sings a lot of her comments.. and she was celebrating in song the One Tree Hill, season 5, disc set she got from Santa...
New boots...
Utah's gift was wrapped many times... this is the outer box...
a tiny box...
an inner box...

another inner box..
and yet another inner box...
final the shiny silver box... this MUST be the final box...

yeah.. the final box....

Audrey: I hope nobody I know drives by and sees me standing in the yard staring at the house in my pajamas.

Art: If they know your dad, they won't think anything of it.

Aunt Bethany: What's that sound? You hear it? It's a funny squeaky sound.
Uncle Lewis: You couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant.
Clark Sr.: SQUIRREL!

One of my gifts from Tod was a case of Fiji water - delivered to the house monthly! WHOO HOOOO! Since I only basically drink water and ice coffee occasionally, this is a wonderful gift. I love this water... and will recycle the bottles...This is one of our favorite scenes in the movie (I put asterisks and such in the place of the letters that spelled words that might be offensive!):
"I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane, with all the other rich people, and I want him brought right here with a big ribbon on his head. And, I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, floor-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, *&*&less, hopeless, heartless, fat-a@@, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey sh** he is! Hallelujah! Holly Sh**! Where's the Tylenol?"

No comments: