Monday, June 30, 2008

Staring July in the face!!

WOW! What a day.. there is still so much left to do and it is already July!

Today I.... 1) took Utah to speed camp 2) tutored pre-algebra 3) shopped for furniture for Tuesday's apartment at flea markets 4) got a metal filling replaced 5) worked out

Still need to... 1) go to wal*mart and get the pictures I am framing for Tuesday 2) score the pre-algebra assessment and plan tutoring for Wednesday 3) go to Mosers and p/u planning books

I bought this awesome book, Math Doesn't Suck, by Danica McKellar.. it is a phenomenal book and resource. I think that is going to be my theme for math next year - though I hate the word 'suck' a lot, it is how most middle school students refer to, discuss, and feel about math. So, hopefully, this straightforward approach will convert some students.. has some great ideas and I am truly excited about this upcoming year!

This week is going to be another crazy week.. but we are excited about the 4th of July!

1 comment:

TheDorothyFamily said...

Cancer sucks, Math bites :)