Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Always Missing Sarah Avery (December 2, 1992 - June 18, 1994)

Some of the family at Sarah's dedication. Uncle Jim, Mammie (my mom), Aunt Elizabeth, Uncle Bubba (Wilson Avery and Sarah was named after him, Sarah Avery), and me (nice hair, huh?). My beautiful mother and her granddaughter.

Mom's little angel..
We were SO broke this Christmas. We made all the kiddos gifts and one of the things Sarah loved the most was the house we built out of a refrigerator box. It had pictures, windows, curtains, and little furniture. She LOVED it!
Sunflowers are our 'in memory' symbol for Sarah. Her Aunt Elizabeth made this outfit for her and she looked beautiful every time she wore it.

Grandpa Doyle and Sarah at her dedication. Grandpa passed away on March 22, 2001 and my only comfort was knowing that he was doing this exact thing in heaven with Sarah right now.

Tod with Tuesday, Sarah, and Hannah. It is one of the few pictures we have with all the girls together.

I would listen to this song over and over again after Sarah left. I would stare out my window and think of her... miss her... though I doubt Melissa Etheridge ever knew the extent this song reached out to an empty and lonely mother... it brought me comfort.

Come to my window
Crawl inside, wait by the light
of the moon
Come to my window
I'll be home soon

I would dial the numbers
Just to listen to your breath
I would stand inside my hell
And hold the hand of death
You don't know how far I'd go
To ease this precious ache
You don't know how much I'd give
Or how much I can take

Just to reach you
Just to reach you
Just to reach you

Come to my window
Crawl inside, wait by the light
of the moon
Come to my window
I'll be home soon

Keeping my eyes open
I cannot afford to sleep
Giving away promises
I know that I can't keep
Nothing fills the blackness
That has seeped into my chest
I need you in my blood
I am forsaking all the rest

Just to reach you
Just to reach you
Oh to reach you

Come to my window
Crawl inside, wait by the light
of the moon
Come to my window
I'll be home soon

I don't care what they think
I don't care what they say
What do they know about this
love anyway

Come to my window
Crawl inside, wait by the light
of the moon
Come to my window
I'll be home soon




Sarah passed away 14 years ago early on the morning of June 18th. She would have been 16 years old this December 2... she is missed.



Always Missing Sarah

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Remembering you in my prayers.

TheDorothyFamily said...

My heart hurts for you. Love you guys. You're in my prayers.

Elizabeth said...

It still makes my heart break to see pictures or talk about the most tragic event ever for our family. Love, Aunt Lizzie