Sunday, March 30, 2008

Drapes..

I fell in love with our house when we first walked in... there are so many things about it that I absolutely love! However, there were/are some things I strongly dislike, but they are all things, in time, that can be changed. We painted rooms with ugly wall paper, put in wood floors where there was carpet (except the kids rooms and upstairs), and some other small adjustments. One of the things I really hated was the curtains they left.. but until we found the color, style, and affordability curtains of our dreams.. they stayed.

Well, we found these eclipse thermaweave curtains at Wal*Mart that have a beautiful color and sheen... unlike other thermal curtains, they do not look like cheap polyester pantsuits... they keeps rooms cooler in the summer.. warmer in the winter... so.. we bought them and gave them a shot in our living room.

We love them and will be watching for shorter versions in colors we are interested in for other windows... they are like drapes, not curtains.. pictures show the gradual transformation..

I know.. I know.. the original white ones are totally wrong for our living room.. they look awful... glad they are gone... they look nice in my daughter's bedroom with her white furniture...

This summer that wall will be a beautiful hue of RED to match my favorite red paisley chair...




No comments: