Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Loved ones absent..

I miss each of these loves ones each week.. but this week has been more lonely that usual. I think maybe it was a devotional given during a Bible study I attended this week. I thought maybe posting a picture of each would remind me of the memories and love we shared and the anticipated reunion that awaits us in God's time...

My mom with Sarah shortly after her birth, December 2, 1992. Mom is about 63 years old in this picture and is a timeless beauty. She passed away in 2002. I miss her. I can still hear her say, "Oh, Catherine!". I also remember how she saved money for my college and always made sure I was independent and responsible. She was an exceptional seamstress and made me beautiful clothes as a child and young adult.My father with Sarah at her dedication. He was my hero and I miss the sound of his voice each day. I hope he is with Sarah right now. He was a hoot and by far one of the hardest working, generous human beings I have ever encountered.My Uncle W.A. (Bubba) on the day of Sarah's dedication. He was my pastor most of my life. Sarah was named after him. His name was Wilson Avery and Sarah's middle name was Avery. I adored him and remember his advice at Sarah's funeral. Grieve, but do not grieve without hope. He also said that I can be mad at God... God can take it and take me through it. He was right, as usual. He prayed with us when Utah had eye surgery at Arkansas Children's and we visited him as often as possible. He was truly a man of God.

It is no mistake that each of these family members is pictured with my Sarah. I cannot even cope with commenting on her absence... but she is a part of who I am and the core of my being aches for her each day...

Thank you for letting me share...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What beautiful pictures...how we cherish those memories...I'll never forget the first time I said "Oh, Cathy" and you told me I sounded like your mother! What an honor...she did a good job with you!
And thank you for the words "Grieve, but do not grieve without hope." It is the hope and promise that one day I will stand in heaven praising God with my Mom that is getting me through this."
Thank you for sharing, Cathy, you are so special!