Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I decided to make new year's resolutions this year and read somewhere (?) that one of the keys of successful new year's resolutions is to share them with as many people as possible and to be very specific. So.. here they are.. and I would love to hear yours!

Happy New Year!
Cathy

1. Cook more.. feed Utah less Sonic meals! This means that we will only eat out once a week. Beverages are permitted any day of the week, though!

2. Continue working out 5X a week at Fuse with a trainer. The results being to reduce body fat (already at healthy level, woo hoo), go down one pant size, and increase overall health.

3. Let go when needed... this one is key to my mental and spiritual health (and stress level).

4. Reconnect with siblings. I am starting with a visit this week! I will take an action monthly to facilitate connecting on a more frequent basis.

5. Finish ESOL endorsement masters courses and create plan for 3 more graduate hours. My ultimate goal is a second master's degree or my national certification.

6. Relax one night a week.. no grading, no work out, not paying bills.. just relax... this one is lofty.. might have to make it one night every TWO weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops, I think I left my comment in the wrong place. I will try again!!

Sonic beverages (with wonderful ice) have to be allowed any day especially during happy hour!!

Julius Family said...

So true Karen! The happy hour is timed perfect for leaving school each day... pathetic, I know.. but true!